Happy Independence Day! It’s hard to believe the 4th of July is already here! I love this time of year. My hometown in Southwest Minnesota always has their big celebration. The lake is always hopping and it’s a great time to catch up with anyone who happens to be home for the weekend. For my family, heading up to Northern Minnesota is also a favorite of ours. Anytime with my family is priceless, but the 4th of July is always special!
In case you need a quick, easy recipe to bring to your 4th of July gathering, large or small, I’ve got you covered. To be honest, more credit can probably go to your girls for laying all those yummy eggs, but I doubt they can whip up egg salad like The Wing Lady!
Below, is my go-to egg salad recipe for my family. It’s simple and easy to whip up. I’ve also included some fun add-on toppings if you want to jazz it up a bit. If you’re feeling really adventurous and want more of a challenge, I’ve included some other fun recipes that will really make your egg salad dish stand out this 4th of July!
Easy Egg Salad
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise or Vegenaise Mayo
- 1 tbsp Mustard (Dijon, yellow, or spicy if you want a kick!)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chopped Chives (optional)
- 12 Mini Croissant Rolls
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Upgrade your easy egg salad with some fun add-ons:
- Roasted Corn
- Curry Powder and Orange Zest
- Seeds and Sprouts
- Smoked Salmon
If you’re feeling wild and ready to impress the family this 4th of July, check out these awesome egg salad recipes as well:
- Southern Egg Salad
- Spicy Egg Salad
- Ultimate Farmhouse Egg Salad
- Egg Salad (Deviled Egg Style)
- Egg Salad Tartine & Spicy Dill Pickles
- Chimichurri Egg Salad
- Bacon Sriracha Egg Salad
- Lemon Caper Egg Salad
- Herby Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches
Hope you enjoy! Happy 4th of July!
—The Wing Lady